Lullabies by Lang Leav


I barely know you, she says, voice heavy with sleep. I don't know your favorite colour or how you like your coffee. What keeps you up at night or the lullabies that sing you to sleep. I don't know a thing about the first girl you loved, why you stopped loving her or why you still do. I don't know how many millions of cell you are made of and if they have any idea they are a part of something so beautiful and unimaginably perfect.

I may not have a clue about any of these things but this - she places her hand on his chest - this, I know.


Aku hampir tidak mengenalmu, kata wanita itu, dengan suara berat hampir terlelap. Aku tidak tau warna kesukaanmu atau bagaimana kopi kesukaanmu. Apa yang membuatmu terjaga saat malam atau lagu pengantar tidur yang membuatmu terlelap. Aku tidak tau apa-apa tentang gadis pertama yang kamu cintai, kenapa kamu berhenti mencintainya atau kenapa masih. Aku tidak tau kamu terbuat dari berapa juta sel dan apakah mereka tau jika mereka adalah bagian dari sesuatu yang sangat indah dan sempurnanya tak terbayangkan.

Aku mungkin tidak punya bayangan apapun tentang hal itu tapi ini - dia meletakkan tangannya di dada pria itu - ini, aku tau.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Pageviews

Translator

Bella Rahmanastiti. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Meet the Author

My photo
Semarang, Indonesia
A frequently called bella or abel who wants to go around the world, someday. A full time traveler and part time engineer. Loving and living my live to the fullest!