On the Episode of Abel Moving On from Her Past

so this post was actually coming to my mind after some of my friends came to me telling about their break-up stories.

and just then I realize that I've been single for 3 years now haha but the best part is I realize that I am healed from anything that has broke me.

and so I want to write about how I could be on this state of moving on and healed. some things that I've been doing:

1. Keeping myself busy
This is number one rule - NO YOU DON'T NEED TO REST. I literally try so many new things these past few years - only to reconnect with myself. From tennis to wall climbing - from solo travel to itikaf in Istiqlal. Why? The reason is, of course when you're not doing anything or on idle mode, all of your memories from the past will come again to your mind. When you're busy living your life, there's no chance your past will come to mind because you're being present. I'll give you a list of things you can try (even if you have no friends lol):
  • Pottery class (JKT - ganaraartspace)
  • Softball batting class (JKT - ubersports.id)
  • Wall climbing class (JKT - indo.climb)
  • Shooting range (JKT - m7.tactical)
  • Badminton (JKT - zeta sport)
  • Tennis (JKT - courtgals)
  • Day trip (explorer.idn)
  • Terrarium class (JOG - tamankecil)
  • ADOPT A CAT (as if you're life not messed up yet but it's totally worth it!)


2. Reconnect with friends
After I reconnect with myself, the next step is this part. Most of us are not a good multitasker - of course, when we're in a relationship we tend to spend less time with our friends. I call this part as seeking some emotional support. Who knows if your friend can introduce you to someone new :)

3. Rearrange priority list
Now it's time for some reorganize. After all the crying up till early morning, suddenly I really want to get a master degree (not really because of break up but the eager level is just at peak). And my career has been on my top priority since. All I do is checking linkedin day by day lol guess I'm just diverting my stress to another thing.

4. Restrict-restrict-restrict
Not everyone need to do this but for me, I feel like I need to cut it off. I don't believe in back to be friends with my ex. The pattern is stranger-friend-lover-stranger. I also need to cut all information about my ex, so I tend to block their social media but after moving on sometimes I unblock them (haha found guilty).

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Pageviews

Translator

Bella Rahmanastiti. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Meet the Author

My photo
Semarang, Indonesia
A frequently called bella or abel who wants to go around the world, someday. A full time traveler and part time engineer. Loving and living my live to the fullest!